Girls on the Spectrum is an original, one of a kind video series which offers an extraordinary insight on what it's like to be a girl, and a woman, while on the autism spectrum. This program addresses many hardships that girls with unique abilities would have to face while growing up and offers guidance on how to overcome them to lead a normal, independent life while chasing their dreams.
An unprecedented attempt in the autism awareness field, Bridget is at an amazing position to share her knowledge and experience on growing up with autism and facing the many curve balls thrown up by the world.
Girls on The Spectrum is an 11 module program, where a range of autism related topics are covered in-depth from both an educational standpoint and a personal, first hand perspective. Some of the topics include
- Diagnosis, and the many pitfalls of coping mechanisms
- Developing age appropriate skills
- Promoting safety, and cultivating healthy relationships
- Educational support systems, IEPs and 504s
- Acceptance, and how to utilize your unique abilities
- Dealing with loneliness, bullying, social pressure, etc
- Advocacy, boundaries and different levels of disclosure